Enterprise Workshop Session
Dive deep into the world of event-driven applications and supercharge your development skills with our exclusive Kafka and Karafka workshop. As part of our Enterprise offering, this live, remote, five to six hour-long event delivers a hands-on and immersive learning experience for up to 6 participants per session.
Why Invest in This Workshop?
By investing a few hours, you're setting yourself up to save weeks of collective team efforts later. Grasp the intricate nuances of Karafka and sidestep the common pitfalls and potential bugs that could be harmful later. The complexities of Karafka and event-driven architecture demand a precise, methodical introduction — and our workshop is tailor-made to deliver just that.
What We Offer
Holistic Introduction: Begin with an overview of the session, establishing a foundational understanding of the learning path ahead.
Deep Dive into Event-Driven Architecture & Kafka: Understand the potential of event-driven architecture, its terminologies, and its invaluable benefits. Also, discover the powerful capabilities of Apache Kafka, exploring its architecture, message handling, use cases, and the industry's rapid adoption rate.
In-Depth Exploration with Karafka: Transition from Kafka to Karafka. Learn the core functionalities of the Karafka framework and how it facilitates building top-tier event-driven Ruby applications. This segment equips you with hands-on knowledge, from Karafka setup to mastering its user interface.
Crafting with Karafka: Theoretical knowledge bears fruit only when put into practice. Experience a live coding session, where you'll forge a rudimentary Karafka application with consistent guidance and support from our seasoned instructor.
Mastering Advanced Karafka Concepts: No stone goes unturned. Delve into the intricate features of Karafka, including virtual partitions, retries, batch processing, and more.
Wrap-Up with Key Insights: As we conclude, we ensure that you're equipped with a comprehensive understanding of the journey traversed. We'll share additional resources and guide you on the subsequent steps, empowering you to navigate the Karafka landscape confidently.
- Introduction (15 minutes)
- Welcome and introduction to other attendees
- Brief overview of the workshop's goals and structure
- Event-Driven Architecture and Kafka Overview (60 minutes)
- Overview of event-driven architecture and its benefits
- Explanation of event-driven patterns and terminology
- Introduction to Apache Kafka and its key features
- Explanation of Kafka's architecture and how it handles messages
- Discussion of Kafka use cases and industry adoption
- Break (10 minutes)
- Karafka Introduction and Setup (45 minutes)
- Introduction to Karafka and its features
- Explanation of how Karafka can be used to build event-driven Ruby applications
- Walkthrough of Karafka installation and setup
- Karafka Web UI installation
- Building Your First Karafka Application (60 minutes)
- Hands-on coding session where attendees build a basic Karafka application
- Guidance and support from instructor as attendees work through the exercise
- Break (10 minutes)
- Advanced Karafka Concepts (45 minutes)
- Explanation of advanced Karafka features such as virtual partitions, retries, batch processing and others
- Discussion of best practices and common pitfalls when using Karafka
- Q&A session with instructor to answer any remaining questions
- Conclusion and Next Steps (15 minutes)
- Recap of the workshop's key takeaways and learnings
- Discussion of resources and next steps for attendees to continue learning and using Karafka
- Closing remarks and thank you
Terms & Conditions
- Karafka Enterprise Subscription: You must have an active paid Karafka Enterprise subscription.
- Advance Notice: Submit your workshop session request at least two weeks before the desired date.
- Attendee Limit: The session can accommodate up to 6 people.
- Experience: While you don’t need any prior knowledge of Kafka or Karafka, attendees should understand Ruby and Ruby on Rails to get the most out of the workshop.
- Technical Requirements:
- Operating System: Mac/Linux.
- Software: Docker and Ruby 3.2.
- Docker Kafka setup: This should already be in place. (Instructions will be provided.)